Rise of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE MOVED TO http://ageofkyros.proboards.com

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gallery

Queen of Stone Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Rise of Shadows on your social bookmarking website

Affiliates

free forum

RPG-DSonic Run: Internet Search Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

Queen of Stone

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Queen of Stone Empty Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Thorn

Thorn

Queen of Stone Medusa__s_garden_by_whyalltheglitter27-d48cf15
Along the shore of the Sea of Wrecks, one day's march South West of Overna city.

The town was terrified. A gorgon living nearby was bad news! The creature had proven reclusive so far, but men, women, even children who wandered into the woods were lost, never to return. Their families mourned them, but had nothing to bury as they were now stone statues, deep in the creature's territory. They had gathered a militia to try and drive the monster away, but of the twelve brave men who went into the woods only one returned, and he was far to terrified to return to the woods any time soon.

So a call was sent out. Mercenary, adventurer, knight, or soldier, any who would aid the poor village. The people even banded together to raise enough money for a small reward. Posters had went up in other small towns, and a messenger had even ran the notice to Overna to be spread about the Taverns and guilds there. The people were scared and desperate. They tried to go about their lives as usual, but it was obvious that everyone was on edge. Parents clung to their children, shutters and doors were shut tightly, the streets of what used to be a thriving community were barren save for a few people who simply could not stay home any longer.

And one curious Drake.

Thoronorin “Thorn” Wyrmblood was on the back of a horse borrowed from the Overnan Military stables. He only had a single claw on the reigns, as his other was holding tightly to a book which he read intently. “The Complete Guide to Monsters and other spawn of Mammon, Annotated Edition.” The book was in pristine condition, and the Drake seemed immersed in it's pages. He almost didn't realize that he had reached his destination, until his horse let out a loud whinny.

“Hm? Oh! We made it! Pity, I was really enjoying the annotations on Gorgon anatomy. Astounding that each snake actually has it's own mind, yet is also connected to the creature's main nervous system. Did you know that?” he smiled, patting the horse's neck, being wary of his claws. The horse made a noise, and the mage pretended it was sharing his amusement, though he knew that the horse was utterly ignorant of a single thing he had just said. Regardless, he walked the beast to a trough and tied it up. It would need to be well rested if it was going to take him home later that day. He didn't expect to be here long.

His orders were to find the gorgon, deal with it, and tell the village elders to continue shipping fish north to the city. It was a harsh truth, but if this village didn't provide food for Overna's people the military might not have responded as quickly as it did. Of course, they did opt to only send a single wizard, so perhaps it still wasn't high on their priorities. At least, that is what an onlooker might think. In the mind of the Drake, this must be quite important for them to have sent him.

He rummaged through his bag, making sure he had everything he needed, and after several moments of frustrated scrounging he released a loud curse in dragonic. He had left his mirror back in Overna. You can't fight a gorgon without a mirror! That's just asking for trouble.

He sighed, shouldering his bag. “Fine, I guess a trip to the general store is in order.” he muttered before walking off. Once he found a mirror he was going Gorgon hunting.

(Today's post is brought to you by Medusa by Heather Dale)

2Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Xan

Xan

This was a curious day, though perhaps the source of its curiosity was unknown by anyone else other than the man who wandered in the direction of the small village. He possessed slightly darkened skin, which contrasted intriguingly with his silver-white hair. From underneath a few strands of snow-like hairs, grey eyes studied the world. More specifically, they studied a small village that intrigued the brain controlling them. Being that walking for endless miles was not something that Xanthus considered entertaining, he had conjured for himself a steed using Catharsis as a focal point for his magic.

Catharsis was the name that Xanthus had given to his sword, the Elemental Drake Sword of Spirit. Being that it was the Spirit Sword, it granted him incredible powers related to astromancy, necromancy, and mental manipulation, as well as a host of psionic abilities to draw from in times of peril. He had exercised this power some time ago, commanding the allegiance of an Alpha Dread Wolf and the undead. At the moment however, Catharsis was resting in its sheath on Xanthus's back, humming quietly almost as though to itself as its wielder rode on a shadowy horse. Being a sentient weapon, Catharsis transmitted its feeling of events in various ways, though it typically chose to hum and vibrate.

'Yes, Catharsis. I am just as curious about this event as you are. A Gorgon is not a foe to take lightly, and this should be an intriguing task I have set us to. I have not laid eyes upon a Gorgon before, as is obvious. Today is a curious day because I shall finally know what one looks like...and I shall finally know how easily one can die.' The blade utilized one of its other methods of communication, this one a sensation of amusement that Xanthus himself felt, as though listening to a chuckle and producing one similar.

A trip to a small town with an inn had brought word of the plight of this small village: a Gorgon was transforming their people into statues. The promise of a reward was secondary, as Xanthus's first concern was experiencing this Gorgon personally. As he road in, a pitch black studded leather armor set and equally black hooded cloak making horse and rider appear as one, the demonkin of Kyros looked around for any sign of villagers. After a few fruitless moments, he noticed someone entering into what could only have been a store. Dismissing the shadow steed, Xanthus landed on his feet and followed, entering into the store as well. When he did so, the lighting within the building noticeably dimmed, one of the many signs that accompanied a scion of the elemental Arch-Devil of Darkness.

3Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Vyssini

Vyssini

Prinari had wandered in to the near empty town, eyes full with wonder and feet caked in mud. She hadn't a clue where she was or why she was here but here she was hoping to find something interesting about the outside world that would keep her entertained. As she wandered aimlessly around, bumping in to stone walls and tripping over her own feet, she managed to find something quite new to her. In fact this visit isn't as wondrous as she had hoped. Not only are there no one around willing to tell her a magical tale of adventure and love but the life here was quiet and quivering. Far away, when she had first heard the call, she was having quite the blissful time with some curious bugs working quite hard. As the night settled with her continuing to follow the bugs she heard a distant wallow, and ever the curious girl she is she set off to investigate.

So here she was with her hands gripped tightly around her old wooden staff, the top leaning against her shoulder as she walked, searching for both something wondrous and something that could enlighten this sullen life. Just setting foot into the area had calmed them quite a bit; various wildlife, from mammal to bug had all passed by her just to ensure that she was here to help. Indeed she was here to help, but help with what?

"There! Let's check there!" She called out to no one, making way towards a building that would be the store - not that she knew that anyways.

4Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Parem'Zel

Parem'Zel
Admin
Admin

Herald examined the small village before him. Not even registered on the map. After seeing the help needed signs posted all over Overna, he couldn't resist the urge to help these people. After all he knew what it was like to be cut off from everyone else. With his great sword glathius sheathed on his side he calmly walked down the main road past the gate. All the shutters were closed and not a single light could be seen in through the windows of the houses. Wow, this place feels like a ghost town.

Focus, he thought to himself. The prize is the gorgon, sure, he may never had seen one before, but he was confident. After all the training he received from crusadrem war academy, he ought to be prepared for anything. He continued walked down the main road. He noticed a couple stray folks silently walking in the shadows to return to their homes. Giving him suspicious, yet hopeful looks. "Finally a tavern." He spoke outload.

As he swung the doors open he just couldn't get over how quiet this place was. Sure it was a small village, but... These people must be frightened. Yes, that seems like the most plausible explanation. He casually made his way to the bar and coughed to let his presence be noticed. "A pint of ale please and make it strong." He took a couple silver coins and placed them on the counter awaiting a reply.

https://riseofshadows.rpg-board.net

5Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Thorn

Thorn

The tavern keeper looked up from the mug he was cleaning, despite the fact that no one had drank out of it in days. He almost jumped out of his skin when he saw he had a right-proper customer. "Oh! Sorry their sonny!" the older man said with an uneasy smile. He got to work filling the mug with ale. "Haven't seen many folk around these parts recently." he looked the newcomer over once or twice, and smiled. "Then, from the looks of ya that's why yer here. You seem the hero type." he placed the mug on the counter. He hoped silently that this man could deal with their problem, but he feared that it would be impossible.

Meanwhile, in the General Store...

The shopkeeper was stirred from her nap when the door fell heavily shut. Was it the wind? She peered over the counter and her eyes went wide, not one, not two, but THREE customers. And they looked the adventuring type too. It was almost like those novels her daughter read. The dark, brooding rogue, the mysterious dryad, the young drake. She almost thought she was dreaming.

And she realized a bit to late that while she slept a bit of drool had gathered on her cheek, her glasses had gone crooked, and her hair was a mess. "Uh..." she stared blankly at the three strangers in her shop, still trying to kick start her thoughts.

Thorn walked along the shelves, though he noticed something strange when the second of the trio walked in. The room felt darker, and he could feel the Astral thrumming under the weight of something. He followed the ripples in the magical energy, and they seemed to come from his direction. What about this man could make the Astral feel so heavy? the drake perhaps stared for a moment to long before returning to his shopping. He needed a decently sized hand mirror, but wanted one with a large enough surface that he could actually see what he was aiming at.

In fact, he had the perfect mirror back in Overna, nice, easy to grip handle, large reflective surface, even had a dragon motif to make him feel cool when he presented it as a weapon against this monster. But no, he must have forgotten to put it back in his bag after he used it to practice his trick shots in his dorm room.

With a sigh he began comparing two mirrors, on the one hand he had a simple polished square of steel. Durable, lightweight, but the quality wasn't so great. In the other hand he had a glass mirror, roughly the same size, better quality reflection, but less durable. Decisions decisions.

6Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Xan

Xan

Entering into the shop, the first thing that one would have noticed was that the shopkeeper was asleep. Perhaps the village was small and therefore had the shop had little in the way of customers, but when added with the fact that no one had seemed to be outside, this spectacle only served to drive the point home that something was amiss. Fortunately, there was little need to guess what troubled this village, but there was something that required guessing; exactly how much the Gorgon had caused harm where she had passed. 'Judging by the sorry state of things around here...quite a respectable amount.' Having been distracted by the snores of the storekeeper, Xanthus almost lost track of why he had come into the general store in the first place...that is until he saw the reason staring at him from across the store.

Without a doubt, what he was staring at was a Drake: someone born of a draconic lineage in much the same way as he himself was born of a demonic line. Catharsis's vibrations and hums changed to be more like a cat's purr as Xanthus looked at the dragon-scion, and Xanthus almost chuckled aloud. 'I almost forgot. You are an Elemental Drake Sword. The essence of a dragon went into your creation.' So apparently the Sword had reactions for meeting other Drake Swords, and even Drakes. After some time had passed, the dragon-scion returned to his business, though Xanthus had to admit that he was now intrigued. He had not met an overly large amount of dragon-scions in his adventuring time, and apparently this one was one that he would be working with soon. After all, why else would anyone be in this town unless they lived here aside from to do battle with the Gorgon? From his outfit...Xanthus concluded that the Drake did not in fact make his residence in this tiny village.

It was then that Xanthus noticed a Dryad behind him, another creature-type that he had met only rarely on his travels. Speaking aloud a pardon, the demon-scion nodded respectfully to the Dryad before turning to walk towards the dragon-kin. Looking over his shoulder, Xanthus saw that he was comparing two different mirror-types, confirming the initial suspicion that they would be working together on this task. "I would choose the steel mirror. The glass might be better quality, but its fragile nature will see it easily destroyed. What would you do against the Gorgon then, with no reflective surfaces and no other choice but to turn to see it coming? No...steel trumps glass in this quest, dragonborn." Turning to the storekeeper, Xanthus asked: "How many of these steel mirrors do you carry, storekeeper? The Gorgon is likely to break at least one before she herself is broken, and I enjoy the thought of not being turned into stone."

7Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 am

Vyssini

Vyssini

As Pri entered the room she was met with a darker aura than outside, and the source was a large man clad in darkness himself. She peered at him with wide-eyes, trying to think whether or not she has met any others like him. However she was caught staring, the man turned at her gave a pardon, nodded his head, and walk away. She gave an uneasy chuckled and smile at the mans gesture, before turning to some bright trinkets near a disheveled lady behind a counter. She held a coloured stone up to her eyes, leaned forward on her wooden staff, and inspected it carefully. Until of course she caught sight of the most intriguing thing she has seen in most of her life in the reflection caught by the stone.

She looked over her shoulder towards what she had seen. 'Dragonborn' the large man she entered behind had said, beside a scaled being. "A dragon?!" she called with glee, and an odd accent, slightly missing the 'born' part. She hadn't seen a creature much like this before, aside from a few gargoyles but they hardly had the scaly appearance as this one did. They were a bit more stoney. "I've never seen a dragon before!"

Pri quickly stepped towards the group, looking between them at the mirrors the drake was holding. "What's with the mirrors?" She whispered, a smile spread across her face. "Do you have something stuck in your teeth? Would you like me to help?"

She kept her smile as she inquired. She only really heard the 'dragon' part of whatever the dark man said and didn't care for the rest that was said. She bit her lip for a moment before turning to the man in black. "Did you say something about a gorgon?" She quizzed, before realizing that she didn't know much about gorgons in the first place. "What is a gorgon?"

8Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Parem'Zel

Parem'Zel
Admin
Admin

Herald took hold of his ale and gladly downed it as quickly as possible. It was took a while to get here and he need the break. He took a small feeble mirror and gazed at his own reflection. He was going to need a much better mirror if he was gonna take on Gorgon. Without further notice he stood up, walked out of the tavern and made his way towards the nearest shop.

He noticed a small store with a handful of people wandering about inside. Seemed like as good a place as any seeing as all the other shops were darkened and probably empty. Before walking in he examined those inside the shop. A drake, a dryad and a man with a darkened appearance. All beings that he would have hunted during his time with the Crusadrem. Herald cautiously opened the front door, trying not to draw too much attention to himself.

"So", he announced to the group of people as casually as possible. "I hear you have a Gorgon problem." Before anyone could reply he turned to his left as if examining one of the mirrors next to him. The symbol of the Crusadrem of Dawn proudly shown on the hilt of his great sword Glathius.

Queen of Stone Phyrexia___redux_by_midnakillzall-d3ewlzs

https://riseofshadows.rpg-board.net

9Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Thorn

Thorn

The tavern keeper simply waved the man, off, returning to his cleaning, only now he actually had a dish that needed the attention. He was much more chipper now, that man could surely take on a gorgon, right? Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

The Shop keeper was quickly trying to make herself presentable, though the damage was already done it seemed. At the very least the customers were talking among themselves, though one of them asked about steel mirrors. "I uh..." She wiped the drool from her face and straightened her glasses, "I believe I have several more in the back, I'll go check." She scurried off to look for them, straightening her hair as she went.

Thorn turned to the man who's mere presence seemed to weigh heavy on the Astral. He smirked. "Gorgons? I'm just looking for a mirror to help me with my hair, this doesn't just happen." he said jokingly, motioning to his head with a clawed hand. "Though if I were hunting gorgons, I suppose a mirror with a less sharp reflection is better than no mirror at all should the glass be broken." He relented, admitting that the man had a point. It would affect his accuracy, but it was a sacrifice he had to make.

The dryad seemed to be a bit unfamiliar with Drakes, as she seemed to think that he was a dragon. He wished. "Neither have I." he said with a smile. Then she immediately moved on to mirrors. "No, nothing in my teeth. I just want to finally see a dragon, see what all the fuss is about!" he joked, taking an over-exaggerated look at the mirror. "Oh wow, we are amazing!" he said with a smile, and then laughed. "Of course, I'm only half dragon, so I'm sure the real thing would be much more impressive."

And then she moved on to gorgons, she was quite inquisitive, though Thorn actually appreciated a curious nature. It reminded him of himself. He was about to begin quoting pages from the book he had read on the way into town, and was interrupted by the fourth person to walk into the store.

Another gorgon hunter it seemed, by his casual announcement. However, when he turned the Drake's eyes locked on to the symbol. His heart dropped. The half-dragon's rage and fear were mixing within him, and the storm of emotion was translating into the astral around him, creating an unstable maelstrom that was just waiting to be shaped, to be ordered to explode.The glass mirror in his hand dropped, but shattered before it hit the ground, a victim to the mage's magic.

What was a Crusadarem doing this far from Dawn? Would he attack the young Drake? Thorn didn't know, but his fear of the stories, and his anger that that the man wore such a symbol with such pride, caused his dragon side to flare as adrenaline rushed through his veins. Should he fight, or flee? his body asked itself, prepared for either. His scales seemed to spread, his fangs extending. His eyes became more serpentine, focused sharply on that symbol.

"I found the mi-" the shop keeper began as she stepped out from the back of the store, several steel mirrors in her hand. When she saw the glare the drake was giving the newcomer, she froze, just standing their quietly. In her head she repeated a mantra of "don't destroy my shop, don't destroy my shop, don't destroy my shop..."

10Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 am

Xan

Xan

Turning his head briefly to face the shopkeeper, Xanthus nodded with a half-smile. "Aye, you might want to see to that swiftly." Turning back to the Drake, Xanthus caught the ending of a joke that the other was making and his smile grew slightly in amusement. Before he could properly reply however, the Dryad approached and began to refer to the Drake as a full-blooded dragon. 'If he is a Dragon, then I am a Demon. Oh, but my ancestor will be pleased.' The demonkin thought to himself with a voice that sounded wry inside of his head. Fortunately, the dragon-scion corrected her, otherwise Xanthus might have had to explain the difference between the colossal flying beasts and their demi-human descendants. For a moment, Xanthus was tempted to chuckle, a sudden bit of mirth rising when the Dryad's inquisitive nature rounded itself off at the mention of gorgons. Before he could answer her, or even frame a suitable chuckle for the moment however...the shopkeeper's door opened once more.

The newcomer looked more the warrior than anyone else in the store, and soon revealed the reason why after mentioning the gorgon: this man was a crusadrem. A shattering sound brought the dragon-scion's presence into Xanthus's mind, and then he recalled that the crusadrem were responsible for the perhaps extinction of the dragons. They held a notorious record for slaying non-humans, and as it so happened there were two in this shop. Technically three, but few recognized Xanthus as being demonkin without proper perceptions.

Xanthus did not require Catharsis's voice to tell him that the Drake was experiencing nothing short of an intense urge to kill the crusadrem, yet he also did not need Catharsis to tell him that battle between the two would be the last thing that would aid in the situation. With a sigh, Xanthus stepped between the two men. The demonkin placed his hands behind his back, an act which placed his left hand in contact with the small opening in Catharsis's sheath that allowed direct contact with the blade itself. Touching his sword, Xanthus invoked telepathy to speak to the Drake. 'Maintain your calm for a few moments, if you would. If you begin to unleash draconic magics in this place, the least that will happen is that the shop will be reduced to splinters.' To the crusadrem himself, Xanthus spoke with his mouth instead of his mind. "That would be correct, crusadrem. This village has a gorgon problem, and this Drake and I are going to end that problem...and the Dryad might come as well, to appease her curiosity about serpent-women. Does it offend you in any way to hunt the gorgon with a Drake and a Dryad?" He asked the crusadrem with the civility and politeness that he had learned as a noble-scion of Darkridge. In the dark city, the words one spoke were less important than how one said them after all.

11Queen of Stone Empty Re: Queen of Stone Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Vyssini

Vyssini

Pri giggled with glee at the half-dragon, but her joy was cut short when from the door appeared a man. She hardly recognized it, but from the reaction from the two she had been questioning she simply assumed that that symbol was nothing but evil. She didn't know how to react, but the dark-one acted calmly so she calmed herself too. She didn't know who this man was, or what connections he had to the group, but it was clear that this man would be joining the group to this 'gorgon'.

Wait... She is apart of the group too? She's going to see what a gorgon is?! She tightened her grip around her staff, trying to hide her apparent joy.

((I am so sorry about the post ;A; next week - hopefully - my posts with be much better!))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum